I had this brilliant idea a few weeks ago and I decided I would give it a try! Again, I get most of my supplies at Darby Smart
- Ceramic Mug
- Dishwasher safe Mod Podge
- Painter’s Tape – you can purchase this at Lowe’s or Home Depot or any paint store!
- Small Foam Paint Brush
- Paper Plates
1. Tape off the part of the mug you do NOT want to cover in glitter. This is crucial step because it insures your “dipped” look!
2. Using the foam brush, paint on the Mod Podge on the exposed areas of the mug.
3. Pick which color of glitter you will be using for this mug and pour the glitter onto the mug while holding the mug over a paper plate. The plate will catch the access glitter so you can reuse it later!
6. Once your mug is dry, remove the tape and you are done!
I would suggest only hand-washing this mug to insure your glitter stays on! Head over to my Instagram page today to see all of the mugs I ended up making! I will be using them as gifts and a few blog related things in the future! I even used one to send to me #springfeverswap partner!